Lip augmentation with HA fillers is about much more than ‘filling the lips’. It involves assessment of your lip shape, size and movement, and is part of the assessment of the entire lower face.
Lips can be augmented in many ways:
* You may benefit from lip definition without the need for volume
* You may wish to increase volume but are happy with your lip shape
* You may benefit from both a subtle change in shape and the addition of volume
* You may prefer a treatment which restores youthfulness & hydration to the lips without plumping
* You may have a downturned mouth which you would like to lift at the corners
Is this treatment right for me?
This is a treatment to consider if you’d like to improve the shape, volume or youthfulness of your lips
Before receiving the treatment you will be invited to undergo a thorough consultation, identifying your objectives and your suitability for the treatment.
There are very few contraindications to lip augmentation, but you cannot receive a treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and should let your practitioner know if you have any skin infections (including cold sores), or allergies. In most cases there is an increase in lip swelling over the first day or so after treatment, so it is advisable to plan your treatment carefully around your social calender.
There are some medications that may increase the likelihood of bruising after treatment, so it will be essential for your practitioner to see a list of your current medication before treatment.